[Review] Guti Debut Album: Patio De Juegos
Guti (Website | Facebook | Twitter) masterfully created his first artist album, Patio De Juegos (Download on Beatport). There is a wide variety of sound packed into an astounding 15 tracks and I have reviewed each below. I recommend buying the whole package, it's well worth the price of admission as its stacked with artful arrows of sound.
- Una Tarde Con Pedro is a beautiful soulful piano piece with undertones of tribal drum that take you on a scenic ride. This track has a motion picture feel to it.
- Patio de Juegos heats things up a bit but in delicate fashion as the track expands and pulls back ever so slightly. A great day track this is indeed!
- My Whole Thing features the majestic voice of Anthea Marie Nzekwu with clean drums and ethic flair.
- We Shall Overcome featuring Guy Gerber, is a teasing dance floor stunner. The rhythm is infectious, it gets inside of you, and has a bass line that tears it out of you!
- No Promises featuring Ryan Crosson, is a spooky mystifying journey where glitch and deep groove take you into the night.
- Miraloo featuring Grünbox, has a digital flair with funky tribal drums and trippy vocals.
- Lucio El Anarquista featuring Daniel Melingo has a unique blend of tech, classical and organic sound.
- Shame drives hard and pays homage to percussion in massive ways!
- Ohsu is extraterrestrial!
- Wanna Be has a classic feel and is a well composed journey filled with undertones and bright colors.
- Sun has a mystical and warm deep house vibe.
- All The Girls, a gorgeous track with soulful uplifting vocals.
- Still Here is a deep ominous space journey.
- Al Viento, a master class piano piece. Clean sound all the way through.
- Como No Fuimos featuring Fosky (*Digital Bonus Track), is a very unique and inspiring track with a classical appeal and dance floor ruggedness.
Guti - Still Here | Download on Beatport
Guti - Sun | Download on Beatport