Photo
- - - - -

Running Man Technique (Melbourne Shuffle)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wingMUTE

wingMUTE

Account Type: Standard

• 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:32 PM EST

Minor little question here - I know the running man, but I feel as if I'm doing it just slightly wrong. I notice that when it's slowed down, it's two distinct hops (front foot scoots back to align with back foot in air, front foot scoots back to become back foot), but I can't tell when it's sped up. When I do it, it's just one long hop, and I can go a lot faster, but it doesn't look as crisp.

Is the two-hop just for the sake of demonstration, or do I just need to work on my hop speed until I can keep up again? 'Cause I gotta keep up with some pretty brisk hardstyle, I like it rough!

#2 spencer42490

spencer42490

• 86 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:26 PM EST

Gotta make sure its two distinct hops ;) keeps the move crisp and clean. You can get it faster but make sure you're able to distinctly see the two steps. When you are in the "flamingo stance" as I call it (Name is enough to describe) it acts as the transition stage between the running man and the shuffle, Both moves return to that stage. Thats why you need running man in 2 steps, to make sure you can transition between the two. Hope I helped :)

#3 wingMUTE

wingMUTE

• 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:14 AM EST

Gotta make sure its two distinct hops ;) keeps the move crisp and clean. You can get it faster but make sure you're able to distinctly see the two steps. When you are in the "flamingo stance" as I call it (Name is enough to describe) it acts as the transition stage between the running man and the shuffle, Both moves return to that stage. Thats why you need running man in 2 steps, to make sure you can transition between the two. Hope I helped :)
Absolutely, thank you very much! I've started practicing the two hops - it's definitely tougher, but it looks much better. It can be tough to control the distance you step back, which makes it tricky to get a roughly equal distance on both of the hops.

So far, I've found that the easiest way to get the down foot back for the second hop is to use the up foot's forward motion to "push" everything back. That seem about right?

And, as with everything else that I do, I just gotta practice. XD

#4 spencer42490

spencer42490

• 86 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:22 PM EST

Yeah when you drop the elevated food forwards you want to hop the foot on the ground backwards so you have a substantial base :) but yeah keep up the practice and your movements will get smoother and smoother :D keep it up

#5 wingMUTE

wingMUTE

• 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:25 PM EST

Yeah when you drop the elevated food forwards you want to hop the foot on the ground backwards so you have a substantial base :) but yeah keep up the practice and your movements will get smoother and smoother :D keep it up
Oh, I will. I'll be sure to post some videos up when I get it, I've got some pretty brisk hardstyle to do it to once I get better. :P K-Traxx's Hardventure is a fantastic song!

#6 gP

gP

• 2,365 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:11 PM EST

omygod "/ i so have to get my water flowlight -.-!! but they aren't in stock in flow toys.

#7 spencer42490

spencer42490

• 86 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:25 PM EST

Yeah definitely :) keep improving. Haven't heard that song ;P but i'm going to check it out.. and probably hardstyle to it with you :) but across the country lol

#8 wingMUTE

wingMUTE

• 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:24 AM EST

The Technodome compilation CDs in general are great. I've got 1-16. XD It's good, agressive, gabber-inspired hardstyle, so perfect for those real heavy stomps.