Undercover cops are everywhere...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 legzem

legzem

Account Type: Standard

• 33 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:46 PM EST

Every time I get on here and read stuff I always seem to get a funny feeling about some of the posts. A lot of people saying that they've never been to a rave and are just trying to "figure out" what things mean but they have made tons of posts. Do certain barcelet colors have meanings...are people giving light shows signaling things, or whatever. I can pretty much say with certainty that I bet there are a lot of cops on here trying to figure out where the parties are, inside information, whatever, to try to screw over some innocent trusting kids. To put it simple...always be aware, and trust only the people you know.

#2 Dephect

Dephect

• 492 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:08 PM EST

Silence is your only friend that can never betray you.

#3 LilRaverBoi

LilRaverBoi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 13,559 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:12 PM EST

Well, most of it is just the fact that we are an online community that gets a lot of younger [rave-inexperienced] members. That's what I would attribute most of that to. I guess it is totally possible that it is someone with an ulterior motive, but I mostly doubt it.

Either way, I'm not too worried...we really don't allow the posting of anything legally incriminating on here. If anything, maybe they'll learn something about the rave scene....learn to understand why we do the things we do, wear the clothing/accessories we choose to and express ourselves the way we do. Maybe they'll figure out that kandi and glowsticks are NOT drug paraphernalia and that they shouldn't be wasting their time trying to crack down on these things.

#4 Gmasterp235

Gmasterp235

• 43 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:52 PM EST

This is a funny cop story -

Up at Sequence 08 (Utah), last year, me and a bunch of friends went up there. The rave was dope. At about midnight, this guy in a full neon green spandex suit w/ massaging hands, came up and asked for a light show. I gave him a pretty intense trip and he was lovin it. He looked like he was rollin balls. After I was done, he gave me a hug and said he had been raving for 5 years and that was the best light show he had seen. Of course, I felt pretty bad ass.

About 45 min later, cop cars pulled up. The music stopped. All around us, swat was coming out of the fields. The rave had been busted *which was totally illeagal, they had all the permits and everything* As I was walking to the car, I saw that same green suit guy, hand-cuffing someone. Sneaky fucks.

#5 Dephect

Dephect

• 492 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:49 PM EST

Or just make MDMA legal like it was in the beginning so you don't give the power to the dealers to put anything they want or in or not in it.. Then there will be no more pressed pills. Guaranteed. Dealers will never go away as long as there is profit in something.. Same with manufacturers. Its just how it goes :up:

#6 rainbowXkitty

rainbowXkitty

• 256 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:01 PM EST

hmm undercover cops never really thought of that
i was giving my friend a light show on the sidewalk as it was getting dark both us were sober, and well two cop cars drove by and i was like o.o hmmm o.o we should keep walking.. yay lights are fun idk just wanted to say that :D

#7 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• 1,357 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:09 PM EST

hmm undercover cops never really thought of that
i was giving my friend a light show on the sidewalk as it was getting dark both us were sober, and well two cop cars drove by and i was like o.o hmmm o.o we should keep walking.. yay lights are fun idk just wanted to say that :D

niiiiice unfortunately we cant do that here, i remember when my friends and i used to go to a park and crack ultras and practice the cops would always harass us even tho every1 else there would watch and applaud and ask us how we got into it and what it was.

#8 Dephect

Dephect

• 492 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:13 PM EST

niiiiice unfortunately we cant do that here, i remember when my friends and i used to go to a park and crack ultras and practice the cops would always harass us even tho every1 else there would watch and applaud and ask us how we got into it and what it was.

I feel cops are more friendly towards fire then glowsticks. They dont want to piss off someone with a can of gas lol.

On the other hand even though I think the rave scene sucks here, cops dont mind either way. I crack ultras on the 16th street mall sometimes when its dark and they just drive by and nod. Fire however you need a bussers permit to spin in the city, and sometimes insurance, which total is $250.

#9 Kensei

Kensei

• 720 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:46 PM EST

Well, most of it is just the fact that we are an online community that gets a lot of younger [rave-inexperienced] members. That's what I would attribute most of that to. I guess it is totally possible that it is someone with an ulterior motive, but I mostly doubt it.

Either way, I'm not too worried...we really don't allow the posting of anything legally incriminating on here. If anything, maybe they'll learn something about the rave scene....learn to understand why we do the things we do, wear the clothing/accessories we choose to and express ourselves the way we do. Maybe they'll figure out that kandi and glowsticks are NOT drug paraphernalia and that they shouldn't be wasting their time trying to crack down on these things.

I'm playing devil's advocate again.
Do you know any of the people that ask these noob questions? I mean, honestly, I don't even know you're who you are. There are pictures, videos, and a fairly discernible personality that is coherent among your posts, so you're convincing. The people who just join and ask for things, they're not quite so well established among this site. The only thing we can tell about anyone is what we know from their posts, and their profile.
When someone is new on this site, their profile is hardly established. They usually don't have a wealth of things they've posted (maybe a few vids, MAYBE), and their post history leaves everything to the imagination.
Because of my history, I've learned and try to practice security ettiquette when I can. The OP has a good point. These people could be feds, just as likely as they could be new ravers.
On the other hand, the feds already know most of the shit about our scene. They know the rolling shit, the look, the art, the music, the people, the drugs, the lifestyle, the average age, the stereotypes, the signals, the giveaways. So there's not really any point in telling them what a light show is. Maybe we should all just practice caution and think before you post? You NEVER know who's reading what you post here.
As for thinking they'll learn something about rave culture and suddenly decide we're okay, that's just naieve. We will not convert them. They are out to get us. They are no our friends, they are not looking out for our safety. They are trying to stop us.
:banghead:

#10 Dephect

Dephect

• 492 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:50 PM EST

Feds? Where?
:afraid:

#11 Kensei

Kensei

• 720 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:29 AM EST

Feds? Where?
:afraid:

Everywhere man. They're in our cereal!
I'm mostly just paranoid. They aren't really working hard to kill us off, and I know that. I'm just... cautious. That's what we'll call it.

#12 glowball

glowball

• 171 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:31 AM EST

Bahaha
This thread reminds me of a music video...

Watch it! At 58 seconds especially :D hahaha

#13 whenyournex2me

whenyournex2me

• 2,469 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:49 AM EST

lets keep the specific drug related talk to a min. please. and i have to agree with most of you. I was and still do read and post on ravelinks. one of cali's oldest rave forums. there are undercover everywhere, cause undercover are people too. just hte same as you and me. they have jobs... and they do their best to recieve the info.

please be aware, that their job is to follow their instructions! the must enforce the law. even if you are new to the culture, life, or scene, you can surely be cautious.

Im careful everywhere i go. even if im not doing anything wrong. when i do this, especially at events, usually i pick them out, and talk to my friends about them. i sread the word as they try to... im tryin to protect the kids that may not know.

i wish their job was easier, and i wish they didnt have to set up kids to get their busts.

adn yes i most deff agree to stay away from drug dealers... omg.. if you want a one way pass to jail, jsut keep it up. if you think you are so smart, they dont see you, they dont know,,, ha think again. the goverment and federal companies like fbi, dea, ect, can zoom in on your licence plate from miles away in space. what makes you think you are safe?

i cant vouch for trust... cause honestly, theres only so much ill trust anyone with.

trust yourself, trust your gut, trust your feelings.

#14 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• 1,357 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:58 AM EST

lets keep the specific drug related talk to a min. please. and i have to agree with most of you. I was and still do read and post on ravelinks. one of cali's oldest rave forums. there are undercover everywhere, cause undercover are people too. just hte same as you and me. they have jobs... and they do their best to recieve the info.

please be aware, that their job is to follow their instructions! the must enforce the law. even if you are new to the culture, life, or scene, you can surely be cautious.

Im careful everywhere i go. even if im not doing anything wrong. when i do this, especially at events, usually i pick them out, and talk to my friends about them. i sread the word as they try to... im tryin to protect the kids that may not know.

i wish their job was easier, and i wish they didnt have to set up kids to get their busts.

adn yes i most deff agree to stay away from drug dealers... omg.. if you want a one way pass to jail, jsut keep it up. if you think you are so smart, they dont see you, they dont know,,, ha think again. the goverment and federal companies like fbi, dea, ect, can zoom in on your licence plate from miles away in space. what makes you think you are safe?

i cant vouch for trust... cause honestly, theres only so much ill trust anyone with.

trust yourself, trust your gut, trust your feelings.

yes i agree 100% with that, honestly while a rave is just a huge family and welcoming and inviting placve to be the police know this as well jsut remember that. No matter how many ppl i know there, how many times ive been to a certain venue im always on look out not jsut for me but for my friends or for the younger generation that might not pay attention to certain things.

#15 ONIEL

ONIEL

• 1,033 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:59 AM EST

Im not really sure what to think about this topic. Im one of those people who not too long ago was asking people left and right for info on events, the life style, rave etiquette, tips on light shows and kandi...The reason Im such a GxG fan is because i was accepted with open arms and not once did I feel like a "Noob" asking a question. Just about everyone was willing to share there advice and two coppers. At the same time I avoided asking questions that SHOULD NOT BE ASKED on these forums. The mods do an awesome job making sure people on here avoid posting things they shouldnt.
As long as you follow the guidlines set forth by the admins here on GxG you should be fine and have no worries about the fuzz coming down on you.
The music, The vibes, The dancing, The lights, The kandi...NONE of these things are illegal, and thats what were here to talk about d(^w^)b

#16 rainbowXkitty

rainbowXkitty

• 256 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:43 AM EST

AH NOW IM PARANOID!
I HATE TAPPED PHONES O:

I have to say this just once this saturday
random person: Hey will you give me a lightshow?
me: Are you an undercover cop? O:
random person:...umm....no?
me: ok then o:
cause im COOL

#17 Guer0

Guer0

• 33 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:05 AM EST

As for thinking they'll learn something about rave culture and suddenly decide we're okay, that's just naieve. We will not convert them. They are out to get us. They are no our friends, they are not looking out for our safety. They are trying to stop us.
:banghead:

ditto.
this post is so on point. well spoken-er...typed?

#18 Dephect

Dephect

• 492 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:22 AM EST

I dont know if its still a law or not, but if you ask someone if they are a cop when they ask for something, if they are they have to say YES. Otherwise its entrapment if they bust you with anything.

Other then that keep the hush hush on the schedules. UCS are just like the mods on here, they want to keep everything personal drug free and keep it to a educational standard.

#19 BuBbLeS

BuBbLeS

• 616 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:29 PM EST

nipz....that video is hilariousl. I have never seen it before. Im gonna have to fave it on youtube lol=)

#20 balloons

balloons

• 2,820 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:11 PM EST

meh well im clean so i really have nothing to worry about lulz:jumping38: