Photo
- - - - -

For those of you who follow clinical trials...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ukeyouee

ukeyouee

Account Type: Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:52 PM EST

Time Magazine Article

For those of you who are interested in the possible clinical applications of MDMA, this is an update on the state of US clinical trials from Time Magazine. Let's keep the discussion clean - facts only please!

#2 elvisthe2nd

elvisthe2nd

Account Type: Standard

• 4,247 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:40 PM EST

wow, what a great article!

#3 bmurray

bmurray

Account Type: Standard

• 465 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:13 PM EST

i know they had some clinicals for possible uses in couples therapy sessions, before it was considered a recreational drug (early to mid-80s i think). PTSD is becoming a bigger and bigger deal, with a lot of veterans suffering from it. There are some big research grants floating around for PTSD. Glad to see scientists getting "creative" and putting the misinformation and stigma attached to this drug behind them.

#4 SkyRocket

SkyRocket

• 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:10 PM EST

Heard about this the other day from a friend, thanks for posting it, saves me trying to find it elsewhere... an excellent well reported read!

#5 ukeyouee

ukeyouee

Account Type: Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:51 PM EST

No worries, I'm glad to share this. I have several friends that have combat related PTSD who are trying to get in on the clinical trials, and I basically figure that the more people know how close this is to being used as a therapeutic medication, the better off those trials will be. Hopefully long term this country will stop demonizing substances that have legitimate therapeutic benefits and just start helping people.